This site has been replaced by the Wiki.
- A computer running a Unix-like OS (Linux is the most common/tested)
- A supported receipt printer (typically an ESC/POS compliant printer)
- A cash drawer connected to the receipt printer (ESC/POS standard)
- A programmable keyboard or the new keyboard remapping support
(2003-07-01 or later) and a standard keyboard for the retail interfaces
OR a touch screen (for the restaurant and touch retail interface)
- Perl v5.006+ (5.8 aka 5.008 is needed for Unicode support as well as
- PostgreSQL v7.2+, with Pg
Perl module (I recommend installing the packages from postgresql.org as they
are more likely to be up to date than those packages that ship with the
- Curses Perl Module (for registerCurses)
- Perl/Tk Module (for the back office programs, registerTouch, and
Copyright © 2004, 2005
is licensed under the GPL,
but this website is not licensed under the GPL.